We are committed to protecting your privacy. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What information do we collect?We collect certain information about our visitors when products or services are used or feedback is requested. The types of information requested may include, but are not necessarily limited to, your name, home address, email address, telephone number, and details related to energy savings, home inventory, and utility rates. This information is requested only on certain pages that are password-protected and that require pre-registration. We also collect information about website traffic.
2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?We may use information collected to provide services and fill orders, to send promotional information, to enhance the operation of our site and to administer our systems. When you use a service or place an order with us, we collect personal information from you. If you use one of our products or services, we will collect and maintain certain of your information which may include, but is not necessarily limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, utility account number, home inventory information, service or product selections, confirmation number, and a password. We collect this in order to provide services to you, to communicate with you about our services, or to send you materials. Before confirming your request, you will have the opportunity to review the request form and make changes and additions to the information it contains and these changes will be automatically kept for future use. We share your information with our Contracted Service Partners so that they may provide services to you. We share your information with your insurance provider. Both we and your insurance provider may use your information for underwriting and other internal business purposes. Except as set forth in the preceding sentences, we do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others and will not disclose it to third parties except as may be required by law. All data will be disclosed to third parties as required by law or regulation and may be deemed discoverable by third parties. We may also provide certain information to insurance regulators upon proper request. As a result of involvement in a claim, the data added via this site or a Contracted Service Partner Site may be deemed discoverable by third parties and used in claims investigation and/or litigation. HSB or a vendor may be legally required to provide the data to others involved in the claim or their legal counsel. If you are involved in a claim, you should not expect to retain data privacy or confidentiality of data added through the site or a Contracted Service Partner Site.
3. How can you update your personal information?You may update or change information related to your account by accessing the "My Profile" link in the site header. For other questions related to updating or changing your account information, please send an email message to email@example.com.
4. How do we protect your information?When you enter your information or place a request, you are connected to a secure server. All of the data we collect is protected against unauthorized access by physical security means.
5. Use of "cookies"When accessing our site, we will store a cookie on your computer in order to facilitate your use of our site. "Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive that can later be retrieved to identify you to our site. Our cookies store a user identification number, which makes your use of the site easier and helps us maintain a secure site.